Moved: Routing Mixes into Mixes

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Moved: Routing Mixes into Mixes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura Tatsuya Nakamura 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of saylorville
    saylorville
    Participant

I’m trying to set up this workflow where instrument groups are put into groups, those groups are compressed, then sent into one big group and compressed again or in another big group not compressed, then to the mains. I can’t seem to get a group into a group or a matrix into the mains. What am I missing? How would this workflow be done on the Avantis. Thanks!

Profile photo of arock
    arock
    Participant

Flow could be – channels to groups (with or without compression), groups to main (compressed) or to matrix (bypass compression), main to matrix. This gives you the double-compression flow you’re looking for. If you have groups that you don’t want to compress, you can send them directly to the appropriate matrix and bypass the main output with its compression. Run your speakers or other outputs from the matrix outs, not directly from the main LR.

Another option is to take instrument group outputs and patch back as inputs (presuming you have enough spares), route those to compressed/uncompressed groups, then to mains. As long as you patch back all instrument groups, they will still be phase coherent with each other at the mains.

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

I too sometimes need a Mix to Mix feed.

I have a group of instruments that I want to send to the aux.

TASCAM “Sonicview” allows me to do this.

It would be great to see it implemented in Avantis!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I have a group of instruments that I want to send to the aux.

Group to aux is possible without any changes… out of the box. Just use the group master as a source for the send.
    It is not possible to route a group into another group…

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

“Group to aux is possible without any changes”

I just tried this with Drector V1.13, which I have on hand.
    I was able to do it with the Groups Tab in Routing.

“Group to Group”
    I was also able to do this, although to a limited extent, with Source Selct in Ext in.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.