Move the “ON” button on each fader to somewhere else

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Move the “ON” button on each fader to somewhere else

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

I feel like the ON button above the fader on the iPad app is unnecessary when there is a mute button as well at the top of the fader. I understand what it is for as I mix also on a gld80. There must be another way to assign the channel to an output. No other iPad app from other manufactures have an on button and a mute on the channel strip. Takes up fader travel.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

On and mute are radically different concepts.

Where else would you out the on and pre/post buttons?

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

I understand the concept with them but I don’t see any other iPad app with an “on” and a mute on the fader when mixing. Got to be a different way to assign to L/R and have more fader throw. I can’t stand this on the gld80 app either. As there is little resolution on the fader already and how many people actually use the “on” button versus the mute. On only dumps the channel to L/R and does not mute that channel to any aux sends so it is not useful for mixing, only assigning to L/R. Maybe another tab on the top left for bus / aux assigns?
    How about have it show up only when selecting a mix?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

A bus assigns tab maybe – or a ‘long throw’ tab, which gives full height faders?

Profile photo of JohnnyD
    JohnnyD
    Participant

In case you didn’t know already, you can get a finer grained control over the faders. Press and hold a fader in the normal way but whilst you are holding it, you can move your finger horizontally away from the fader. The further you are away, the finer the control you have when you move your finger up and down.

Hope that makes sense.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – less useful when you are grabbing 5 faders…

Actually a tab at the top to use a second bank of faders on screen would be nice…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.