Move Strip

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Move Strip

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tutu13 tutu13 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

my “F” layer:

Channel 1: drum group
    Channel 2: bass group
    Channel 3 and 4: two mono guitars

How to move strips quickly without having to dig into Strip Assign?
    …or copy/paste, I would like to move 3-4 to 5 and 6.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Strip assign is what you want. You shouldn’t be trying to change the channels that the mono guitars are on, just the location of those faders on the layer. This is the exact definition of what the “strip assign” function does! Just drag and drop.

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

OK, so how can we quickly move 3-4 to 5-6 in “Strip assign”?
    looks like I can’t just drag them from channel to channel..

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

What would be faster than dragging?

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

That’s it, I understood the manipulation: in Strip Assign, hold a finger on a channel then slide it on another with the other finger, it doesn’t work every time, it’s a gesture to take.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’m use to the Avantis where you can drag one channel to another in the fader strip assignment section. Dragging fader 3 onto fader 5 would simply swap those two channels in the fader strip. I guess it is different on the SQ (which isn’t surprising given the fact that it is older than the Avantis).

But still, even on the SQ, all you would have to do is drag the guitar channels down onto fader slots 5 and 6 and remove them from fader slots 3 and 4 by dragging those channels out of the fader strip section. If you are unfamiliar with this functionality, please refer to page 69 of the SQ reference manual. https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

> (…) all you would have to do is drag the guitar channels down onto fader slots 5 and 6 and remove them from fader slots 3 and 4 by dragging those channels out of the fader strip section.

Yes, select the channel type then swipe the top floor until you find the channel, drag it down to the layer, then delete the old one.
    I was looking for a way to do it once, but the simple Move is capricious on the SQ. It’s very simple to do in Mixpad: you click on the channel directly in the Layer and move it where you want.
    So on my macbook I just configured my 6 Layers for tomorrow’s show,
    it’s 3 times faster than doing it on the SQ, thanks Mixpad!

Only I don’t know how to transfer my layers from Mixpad to the SQ directly by network without going through a USB key.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

I feel little overreaction here… it is really not THAT hard to change the strip layout of an SQ… OK, drag a channel from 4 to 5 is a bit awkward, as you first have to move it a bit “up” to loose it from the old position, then you can put it to the new position, but….

if you just swipe off all wrong channels and then swipe in the right channels (from top — dont try to “move” assignments in the lower area), it is really not THAT hard, that it has to be done by an iPad… BTW… I am quite sure that the strip layout on the Mixpad is independent from SQ… so you cannot write it back from Mixpad to SQ. But you can load the Strip assignments from SQ to Mixpad.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Profile photo of tutu13
    tutu13
    Participant

>>drag a channel from 4 to 5 is a bit awkward, as you first have to move it a bit “up” to loose it from the old position

Yessss Tobias ! you just gave me the right gesture, thanx, that’s it, I’m in control.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.