More User accounts

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions More User accounts

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lightingman117 lightingman117 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ad.am
    ad.am
    Participant

Hello,
    since there is an option to create own’s “mix bus app” in Custom Control App, more users (Each layout for each user) would be very helpful. I guess this is much easier to do, than producing official app like OneMix for phones, androids and computers. Please double the user capacity, from 10 to 20 😊

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’m not trying to dispute your request. I certainly agree that having more unique users would be helpful when setting up a custom control monitor app.

That being said, it’s simple enough to create a “layered” Custom Control that allows musicians to choose their mix bus as well as any layers if you can’t fit all the inputs on one screen. Then the musicians can share a login.

We currently don’t do this anymore, but feel free to check out a monitor design we created for our church. The top tabs allow a user to select the bus they want to control while the bottom tabs allow them the change between input layers. https://imgur.com/gallery/FJX26Wk

Profile photo of Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Hey Brian,

This layout is amazing! Would you be willing to share the template with me?

Profile photo of ad.am
    ad.am
    Participant

I did exactly the same thing. But I just want to avoid any mistakes.
    Even if I told someone twice to be careful, that will not guarantee not choosing the wrong bus and interrupt a service/rehearsal.

Mel.
    Create “Tab container”, and each tab will be a different bus mix.
    Then insert another “Tab container” which will hold all the faders, meters, knobs, maybe some “Dynamic label” (can get channel name from the console for example if you change input names frequently).
    Make sure that each control unit is assigned correctly (level type, channel type, channel number, and destination type and numer).
    After that, you can copy that container and paste to another mix tab.
    Then you can select multiple items (hold command button on mac) and change for example destination number by group (much faster way).
    You can test your layout by clicking on green triangle (easy to paste item not in the specific tab)

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Hey Brian,

This layout is amazing! Would you be willing to share the template with me?

I’d be happy to share it assuming I still have a copy around. (I’m pretty sure we do). As I hinted at in my post, we don’t run monitors through the Avantis anymore because we needed more busses. I should also warn you that this design was made with one of the first Custom Control releases that worked with Avantis. There were a lot of “missing” features at that time like dynamic labeling etc which have since been added, but my design won’t have.

Send me your email in a DM and I’ll send what I can find….

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

+1 more users

(or add a Avantis4You style app)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.