More than 2pc of DX168 with additonal SLink card?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions More than 2pc of DX168 with additonal SLink card?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Grassroot Grassroot 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Grassroot
    Grassroot
    Participant

Hello,

I see that maximum quantity of DX168 conected to internal SLink in SQ mixes is two in cascade mode. For example CH 1-16 first DX and 17-32 second DX.

If i will buy additional S Link card, can I connect another DX168 on extra CAT5e cable for channels 32-48? Is this a way how to use all 48 channels on mixer, if I have 3pc of DX168, or how to do it please? 🙂

Thanks

Martin

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

That is one way to do it (and the cheap way)

Alternative would be to get the DX Hub, then you can have up to 8 DX168 placed around the stage and just patch the 48 channels needed in the I/O tab 😉

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Another alternative is to get a GX4816 stage box. You should be able to connect it to the SQ Slink port and not only have the built in I/O it provides, but it can support up to 4 additional DX168 stage boxes – two cascading boxes plugged into each of the two available DX ports on the GX4816. That way you can save your expansion port on the SQ for something else.

Profile photo of Grassroot
    Grassroot
    Participant

Thanks guys, I know about DX Hub, but it is truth, that extra S Link card is much cheaper, just need one mor CAT5e cable form the stage to FOH…

So if Inputs 1-32 from two DX168 on internal S Link can be added with third DX168 for inputs 32-48 on extra S Link Card, that is perfect for me 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.