More SQ Mixpad Connections

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions More SQ Mixpad Connections

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @jeff,

We would also prefer to have a persistent connection for SQ-MixPad when it runs in the background and so this does happen where possible.
    It depends on how the ‘active’ network connection between the app and the console is dealt with when this happens and different platforms deal with it in different ways. With iOS for example, the network connection simply times out after a certain period (improves battery life of course!).
    If the connection is disabled then there is no way to know whether it has been intentionally dropped or inadvertently lost.

Anyway, you’ll be pleased to know that you shouldn’t see this behavior on MacOS with the upcoming V1.5 version 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

That is good to know! While I have only had a couple of small grievances with the SQ5, it would appear that most (if not all) are being taken care of with V1.5.

Thank you for taking our feedback and constantly improving an already great product!

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

+1 for more instances. In Mixing Station for Qu, David put a switch to emulate Qu4You. Got way more instances, and the only thing missing was record control. I’m hoping he’ll do that for SQ, as well.

Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

Definitely +1 for this. I never use SQ4you but often want 3 Mixpad sessions at once. It’s frustrating to have network bandwidth reserved for things I don’t use and not available for the things I need.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@carl N – The maximum instances of SQ-MixPad connections was increased to 3 as of firmware V1.5 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.