more regen in delay FX

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions more regen in delay FX

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I was surprised to find out that Feedback 10 on the Stereo Tap Delay is not 100%. It would be more useful if it was.

nottooloud
    Participant

Still looking for this in Stereo Tap Delay and BBD.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nottooloud

Does sending the FX return back to itself help?
    If not, could you give more details about what you’re wanting to use 100% fb for (this might also increase interest).

Cheers,
    Keith.

nottooloud
    Participant

Sending the FX back to itself eliminates the ability to have a single slapback repeat, so that’s a no go.

My basic use case is dub reggae. I have a pair of soft knobs on my SQ6 assigned to regen and delay time. With a very short delay, I need 95%-99% regen to get a nice lengthy “sproing” off a snare hit. Whatever the max regen on the stereo delay is, it isn’t enough. 100%+ would be even better, by a lot. Grab a vocal phrase, get it infinitely circulating, ride the regen, alter the time, and wonderful things happen.
    As I understand it, your echoplex sim can do full regen, but of course it doesn’t have tap tempo, which I absolutely need. Over the course of a lyric, I might want 1/4 notes, or a triplet across a full bar, or whatever. The delay time is set by musical feel. It’s an instrument.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.