More questions if you don't mind.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions More questions if you don't mind.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

1- It seems my GLD outboard stage boxes will work with SQ. The system drawing does not show a full-house 48 channel A/D input via CAT 6 cable. Can you elaborate how this may be done? I will never again own another old fashioned copper microphone snake.

2- Will the M-Dante board from my GLD work with SQ?

3- Side chain limiting?

4- Can I side chain limit the effects returns or do I have to waste a pair of aux busses?

5- Is the very nice scene fade implemented like my GLD?

6- Has the frustrating auto-advancing scene recall been addressed yet? Is it “Next then Take” or “Take then Next”? Presently the GLD is clumsy (to be polite).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Looks very impressive.

1- Is there going to be a 32 channel surface? SQ-7 SQ-8 ?

2- Is there low pass filter?

3- Is there down-ward expander?

4 Is there is there is there .

Yes we all want want want!

Please show us the manual.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi both,

@john-s
    1- Indeed SQ supports the AR2412, AB168 and AR84 through the SLink port. You can have a maximum of 2 dSnake devices connected (very similar to Qu), so for example, an AR2412 and a cascaded AB168 for a total of 40 remote mics. For the full 48 remote mics on stage, 3x DX168 and a DX Hub can be used.
    2- No, SQ has a different I/O Port form factor. A Dante card will be available Q1 2018.
    3- No limits. You can side chain from any input or mix.
    4- No. The FX Returns have PEQ only. As you say, you could use a group to sidechain.
    5- Not at present.
    6- It’s ‘Go then Next’ but we are looking at options to make this user selectable.

@nzdave
    1- No plans at the moment but we are always looking at what’s next Dave.
    2- No LPF.
    3- No expander.

The user guide is in progress and will be available in November.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No LPF? In this day and age and as much requested as that has been I can’t believe it’s not included. They must not let you guys out much. Geez.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That should have been HPF. Not LPF.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.