More Digital Outputs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions More Digital Outputs

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

I could really use an additional AES output on the SQ-6. Could even be a pre-conversion output of one of the analog outs (most of which, I don’t use).

What are my options?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jdugger,

You could use the DX32 for additional AES IO on SQ, but if you only need one extra output, I understand this would be an expensive option.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Dante Card and a Dante AVIO AES

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

DX32 works great for me makes a great little stage box.😉

Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback. The price of the DX32 is almost that of an SQ-5! So, yes, a very expensive option for adding an AES output.

The Dante card isn’t cheap either, but probably a better long term option for my workflow. If the SQ-6 had a software “control room/monitor” concept, I’d probably go this way, but for now I have to use an external monitor controller to solve for my needs there.

Maybe in time.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Ah that old chestnut, I moaned about the omission of local monitor outs switching from iLive to D Live but that was not a requested feature. Yes must admit by the time I purchased the DX32, the extra PSU and loaded with the required cards it cost more than my SQ5. It will be fun to try it with some Prime cards when they finally drop through the door.😎

Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

… and today, the DX012 was just announced. Might be a very good answer. Need pricing!

(Frustratingly, why are all the ports on the front? Ugh.)

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Looks like rack ears can go front or back

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DX012-Left-2800.jpg

Profile photo of jdugger
    jdugger
    Participant

Yea, I see that now, too. So it would only be the power cord routing to the front of the unit. Might be manageable.

Profile photo of kmfmg
    kmfmg
    Participant

Does anyone know if you can plug a DX012 into one of the DX Ports on the GX4816? In all the literature of the GX4816 it says each DX port can take up to two DX168’s or two DX164W’s or one DX32. The DX012 isn’t mentioned at all.

please clarify as I’ve already bought and paid for both!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi kmfmg,

The DX ports on the GX can connect to any DX box, so these two will indeed work together.

Thanks! Alex

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.