More Output Buss Options In SQ4U

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions More Output Buss Options In SQ4U

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BradWalker
    BradWalker
    Participant

Is there any way to add Matrix, DCA, and Main outputs to the SQ4U “Select Mix” list?

I have a couple of applications (church, conference center) where simple control of podium mic, audio from a laptop (routed through SQ) and overall level control from a pastor’s or catering manager’s smartphone would be the killer selling point. Musicians already love control of their personal mix via SQ4U, but this doesn’t help with the overall house control.

Thanks!
    Brad Walker

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

This is not possible on the SQ4You app, however, you can limit mix access for individual users. This user can then be used on the MixPad app with limited access to specific mixes.

Thanks
    Alex

BradWalker
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Alex! This is understandable, unfortunate. Is it an architecture problem?

The simplicity of the SQ4U interface is so much less intimidating than the MixPad, and the ability to operate it on their own phone vs. a separate/bigger device to carry around.

The system we installed this fall where the idea came up was where the pastor saw how we created a dedicated “Mix User” for each monitor position, and the musicians could just use their personal phones to log into whichever mix they were standing in front of for that service. He wanted the ability to do the same for “his mix” (which is essentially the Mains) during a simple midweek service without having to sort through the extra screen information on the MixPad app, while also teaching and running his own laptop.

Thanks again for the fast reply,
    Brad Walker

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t know how your system’s set up, but if it’s not too complex….

Could you run main PA from a matrix, and route the things that require the simple control to that via a mix?

Profile photo of MRBaum
    MRBaum
    Participant

I think if the app „SQ control“ would be available like with the Qu Series your problems would all be solved on a very smart way.

Vote for the feature request.

BradWalker
    Participant

Hi @markpaman

I don’t know how your system’s set up, but if it’s not too complex….

Could you run main PA from a matrix, and route the things that require the simple control to that via a mix?

There’s actually a couple of different systems I’m referring to, but these ones all probably fall into the “more complex” category. The mains are really “zones” fed by matrix and operated under DCAs. Mixes are for musicians, cry rooms, green rooms, 70v distributed, ALS, etc. That all works fine, but simple control of mains in a compact smartphone form factor that is lacking.

BradWalker
    Participant

@mrbaum,

I think if the app „SQ control“ would be available like with the Qu Series your problems would all be solved on a very smart way.

Vote for the feature request.

You’ve hit it on the head! I totally forgot about the SQ Control app, and it is exactly what I’m looking for. The Qu platform doesn’t have SQ’s assignability and processing quality we need in most of our projects. How possible is that @alexs?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

As it’s been requested previously, it has already been added to the feature request list. There are no plans for this at the moment, but we will continue to monitor demand and will consider it in the future if the demand is there.

Thanks!
    Alex

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.