Mono out

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hunterrutz
    hunterrutz
    Participant

Not to dig up an old thread, but couldn’t you set the inputs to AFL mode, and route the “Listen M” output to a single port?

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

I just went thru the reference manual. On stereo channels there should be the imaging option in the preamp, which you can set to mono. If all stereo channels are set to mono and mono channels aren’t panned, there will be no difference between L and R out, so either one can be used to supply a full mono signal.

Is the screen shot showing the Pre-amp section something only available through the A&H Q16 software?

Thanks.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi DFT,
    The Screenshot shows the Input Section of a Stereo!!! Input channel. This Stereo processing is not available on Mono Input Channels. But you can define any odd-even channel pair as Stereo!

Unfortunately this Stereo processing is not available on Busses…
    But maybe in future 😉
    greetings

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

22fuzzi …

Thanks for responding! I really want to go the other way and turn the stereo input to mono so I can send mono out L and R mains.

On the Q16 I can’t find any screen that looks like the illustration. That’s why I asked if the screen shot was something only available on the iPad software app.

I plan to use the mixer in a club environment where there will be no need for stereo (or actually a disadvantage!)

When I select any of the stereo channels 1-3 and look through the processing, routing, etc. views and sub tabs on the LCD, I don’t find anything like this screen shot.

I must not be navigating properly?

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi DFT,
    this is the SQ Forum, and the Screenshot is taken from an SQ Desk.
    I took a look at the QU Block Diagram, there is no such Width processing Block.
    So I think on your QU Desk this Block won’t exist…

So you will have to use 2 Mono Inputs and Pan them to the middle!

G

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@DFT

we only have mono out at church

if you do not feed stereo in, you will get mono out

I believe they set it up without any stereo pairs using all ins as monos; except for one mix as we ran out of mono mixes
    but they only used one out from the mix pair which was mono as we do not put stereo in anywhere

if they club has no stereo signals you should have no problem

Profile photo of DFT
    DFT
    Participant

22fuzzi: Duh! Wrong forum can be a problem. Thanks!

volunteer: Mono input not easy with recorded music playback. Thanks!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@DFT

recorded music — put in DAW , convert to mono , then record that onto media to use to play back

Profile photo of Jline
    Jline
    Participant

Matrix outputs can be configured as Mono. Simply send your L+R mix Post fader to the Mono matrix and you should be all set.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

This same question was just posted on the QU forum a couple days ago.

QU mono out link here

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.