Mono Matrix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Mono Matrix

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

My QU24 has 2 matrix sends. I’d like to be able to switch them to mono (I mean to choose a sum of left and right as input signal for the matrix), so I can feed for example a nearfill or a delayline with a mono signal. If I missed something, and this is already possible, please tell me 😉

At the moment I use a post fade aux with all faders at 0 dB for this purpose.

A bonus would be, if the delaytime of the left and right output of a matrix could be adjusted independently. Then we could use one stereo matrix (fed with a mono sum) for 2 delay lines.

Andy

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

it’s not common practice to a Matrix in mono. For delay line, you usually have a left and a right also. Why not use a 2 to 1 cable at the end?

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

I don’t know, how common this is. I am used to use a mono matrix for nearfills or delays, when I work with the iLive, and I’d like to have this possibility with the QU as well.

But the idea of a 2 to 1 cable is not bad. I used to do this (with resistors in the XLR plug) to generate an additional FX send from a stereo group. Analogue desks never had enough AUX sends 😉

Andy

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

For those who don’t know – be careful with 2 into 1 cables.

Without the resistors Andy mentioned, they are not a good thing, as you’re driving one output into another. While a lot of equipment can cope with this, it can sometimes sound odd, or do damage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.