Mono Matrix option

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Mono Matrix option

This topic contains 54 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LouGees LouGees 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gab
    Gab
    Participant

oh yes! atm it’s always looking for a workaround when you come to a venue with i.e. mono subs, frontfills etc

Profile photo of ianmoon
    ianmoon
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Lawrie
    Lawrie
    Participant

+1 for more matrices AND the ability to split to mono.

I use the matrix busses quite regularly and this will change my work flow

Profile photo of OrionX
    OrionX
    Participant

+1 for more matrices and the ability to split to mono, the latter being a critical basic feature.

Profile photo of ianmoon
    ianmoon
    Participant

+1 and options such as adding more matrixes, even if it means cutting down on other output channels such as groups and auxes just like I/D-live “mixer config” menu.

Profile photo of Soundman007
    Soundman007
    Participant

A center/mono matrix for sub-send is a necessity, along with ability to add matrix sends to Mains, to provide ability to control subs and mains from the mains fader.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Soundman007, please explain in detail what you mean. How I understand it now it doesn’t make much sense.

Profile photo of EffingWarren
    EffingWarren
    Participant

+1

Soundman007
    Participant

With other cheaper competitive boards, their exists a Center/Mono matrix that is often used as a sub-send to the output/amps. In addition, the ability exists on other boards on the Mains fader the ability to send matricies to the Mains fader to have everything tied to ONE fader for overall house gain control – thus controlling your subs and mains output on one fader. SQ6 does not have this option.

I’ve already spoken with A&H about this option and this is something they are looking to implement.

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Soundman007 Actually you can send a mix to Matrix post fade, just like sending a channel to Aux pre/post fade.

I have Mains going to Subs and Front Fills post fade so that the the levels follow the main fader.

Soundman007
    Participant

@yann – are you talking SQ5/6/7? Or another board?

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

SQ obviously.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Soundman007, what would be the source of the mono matrix you’re talking of?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

As far as I understand it, the source would be LR Main post fader to the matrix. I am using a matrix for different reasons. feeding the sub to have independent control on the subs level. running delay lines (mostly in stereo) and center fills (mono), out fills (also mono). Video feeds, also sometimes in mono, or recording feeds are of course reasons to use a matrix. Unfortunately the A&H concept to not allow me to feed several outputs directly from the Mains but adjust the output delay directly on the output socket. Something you can do with Yamaha Consoles or even the X32. This would allow me to reduce the amount of needed matrices.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.