Mono aux and groups

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Mono aux and groups

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pCann pCann 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

Having owned an SQ5 for 3 years now, and followed many posts on here and the unofficial SQ users’ Facebook page. There seems to be a small but significant requirement for the unused half of a mono mix bus to be released as an independent mix, as per Avantis. Obviously this is a change to the FPGA core, but is it achievable as a firmware upgrade, and if it is technically achievable, is it practical in terms of programming effort required?

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi highflyer,
    I think, the small significant thing is called “Mix-Button”.

On the SQ you have 12 Mix-Buttons – fixed to 1-12 and nothing more.
    So a Layout with 13 Busses won’t work. 😉

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

I know that, but there are only 8 soft keys on an SQ5 but 16 soft keys in the MixPad app, therefore you could, possibly, have the extra buses accessed through the app only. Also there is always an option for any key to have a second function, so by having a soft key act as a ‘shift’ key each bus select could act as stereo or dual mono. So the number of physical keys is not a limitation to a firmware implementation. I know the FPGA core is capable of running it, as Avantis works this way, admittedly all busses are stereo or dual mono pairs. Also they could implement the double tap on the screen mix fader, as per iLive, to select a mix.

Profile photo of STEPHANVS
    STEPHANVS
    Participant

There is already a different LED color for AUX and Group. One could add a third color, like orange for the AUX1R and keep AUX1L green…

Profile photo of pCann
    pCann
    Participant

+1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.