Monitoring a channel with phones.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Monitoring a channel with phones.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Detuned Detuned 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Detuned
    Detuned
    Participant

Hello.

I’m totally new to working with the Qu-16. No experience with this or other mixing table.
    Is it possible for me listen to, for example, channel 1 on headphones, while all 16 channels are heard out on the monitors? I want to isolate each channel through phones, when the band is playing.
    Hope for some good tips 🙂

Regards from Henning

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

How are your monitors plugged in? Is this for a live event or in a studio?
    Unless the monitors are coming from the PAFL bus, you should be able to listen to whatever you want through headphones without any affect on the mix.

Profile photo of Detuned
    Detuned
    Participant

Hello.

This is for studio use. The monitors are plugged too the Line inputs I belive. Which buttons do I have to press, to select the channel I want to monitor in my phones?
    I only hear the whole mix, when i listen in the phones 🙁

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Mark, I’m guessing by monitors Henning means main LR (could be wrong). Henning, plug your phones in the socket near top right and press PAFL on the channel you want to listen to. That should isolate that channel in your phones without affecting anything else.

MarkPAman
    Participant

I’d hope your monitors are being fed from an output rather than an input!

OK, so headphones are plugged into the headphone socket near top right of the front of the desk. Just below this is their volume control.

On each channel (and the master) the lowest button, marked PAFL will switch on that channel to the headphones. Simple as that (almost). Pressing it again turns it off in the headphones.

I think the default settings of the desk allow only one thing at a time, so if you are listening to channel one, then press the PAFL button for channel five, one turns off, and five turns on. This behaviour can be changed in the desk settings and is called “Additive Mode”. I suggest you look at page 61 of the manual for all of the options available.

LR to PAFL is a function that puts the main output into the headphone when nothing else is selected – IIRC this is turned on by default.

MarkPAman
    Participant

Agreed Roy!

Profile photo of Detuned
    Detuned
    Participant

Thanks for the info Mark and Roy, I have overlooked this info i the manual 🙂

Yes Mark, monitors are being fed from an output 🙂 My mistake.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.