Monitor Volume … Rotary

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Monitor Volume … Rotary

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robashard robashard 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

With the new firmware it’s possible to route the monitor output to an XLR output. But the volume can only be adjusted via the tochscreen. I’d like to use one of the rotary controls for this, which seems not to be possible at the moment. That’s why I still use the headphone socket. Please add this in a future update, or if it’s already possible, please tell me how ๐Ÿ˜‰ .. Greetings, Andy

Profile photo of Stretch480
    Stretch480
    Participant

I have been using the Master Fader as the ‘Listening Master’ and the Soft Rotaries as my Mix Bux Masters. This is a setting found under Setup-Mixer Config-Role-Master Fader Mode. I wish the Headphone Volume Knob could be the Listening Master for both Headphone Jack and Listen Bus.

Profile photo of robashard
    robashard
    Participant

On the monitor page you can toggle the use of the main output fader to either be monitor level, or Main L/R output level.
    It’s part of the Desk Use page.
    Sorry, not with my desk at the moment.
    It is covered in the manual.
    Rob

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

I already know this, but the desk is isntalled in a city hall, and the customer wants the fader to be the master fader. It seems, that we still have to use the headphone output to feed the monitor amplifiers. Maybe this feature will be implemented in a future update.
    Thank you,
    Andy

robashard
    Participant

I would doubt that would be possible. The output of the headphone amplifier is very much in analogue world. It’s input was, luckily, accessible in the digital and routable part of the desk which has allowed this much needed monitoring improvement.
    I would imagine that the output of that headphone amp goes straight to the socket and nowhere else.
    I might be wrong but I can’t see why one of the assignable knobs couldn’t be assigned the task of controlling the headphone level in a later version, but of course the SQ5 doesn’t have those.
    Rob

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Maybe you misunderstood what Andy want to do. The new firmware provides a, so called, listen bus with a digital controlled master level. That level currently is only adjustable via the touch screen or the master fader when switching the mixer to the listen mode. What Andy wants is that there should also be the possibility to control that master level via a soft rotary encoder too.

robashard
    Participant

Sorry, I was actually replying to Stretch480โ€™s reply, who said heโ€™d love the headphone volume know to control the monitor out level.
    Hopefully then my answer makes sense! Sorry for the confusion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.