Monitor rig using splitters + AR2412

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Monitor rig using splitters + AR2412

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Hey all,

I have never had a need for using an external stagebox because the 16(18) physical inputs on my Qu-SB always served me well. As a result I’ve never really looked into them and their (in)possibilities so be prepared for some potentially stupid questions 😏

So, I’ve been asked to become the dedicated monitor engineer for a 5 piece rockband who are all on in-ears.

This means a have to be prepared for any and all already there hardware from the FOH people to patch into and be as little a nuisance to them as possible

This is my idea: buy an extra ART S8 (I already have 2), buy an AR2412 and put the 4 into one rack. Put the rack near the main stagebox and patch into that. In the case of multiple stage boxes I need one or 2 extra analog snakes.
    Then connect the AR via a CAT-cable to the Qu-SB that I can keep near to me at the side of stage (or where ever).

What I’m not sure about: can I just ignore the physical inputs on the Qu-SB and soft-route input 1-24 on the AR2412 to the Qu-SB ? Same for the outputs to the IEM’s, assuming the band puts their IEM close to my stage rack.

Thanks in advance !

Giga

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

What I’m not sure about: can I just ignore the physical inputs on the Qu-SB and soft-route input 1-24 on the AR2412 to the Qu-SB ? Same for the outputs to the IEM’s, assuming the band puts their IEM close to my stage rack.

yes, easy going…

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

👍 Thank you sir !

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Adding to this: suppose I/we get to a venue where another digital A&H mixer is used (probably not too often but who knows) could I also tap into their dSnake to get my inputs ?

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Adding to this: suppose I/we get to a venue where another digital A&H mixer is used (probably not too often but who knows) could I also tap into their dSnake to get my inputs ?

You would not be able to “tap into their dSnake” as in split their there D snake line, you could unplug it from their mixer and plug it into you QU.

Actually if a venue has a QU mixer with the needed inputs you could just load a show
    file from your mixer into theirs and you would be all set.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

That’s too bad but no “showbreaker” fortunately 👍

I’ve never even worked on a regular Qu mixer and have very very little access to other mixers to become familiar enough with them to trust myself doing a good job mixing in-ears. I’m just an upper echelon hobbyist 😁

Thanks anyway !

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Not sure if it’s allowed but anyone in Europe have an AR2412 for sale ? Or an ART S8 for that matter ?

Thank you.

Giga

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.