Monitor mixes

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Monitor mixes

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cygnusx-1 cygnusx-1 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cygnusx-1
    cygnusx-1
    Participant

Ok guys, still learning this thing. I am currently running 6 stereo monitor mixes. I have no more open slots but would like to run another mix. IS there any way to get another stereo mix or am I going to have to do mono out of one of the channels?

Profile photo of Daniel Trillo
    Daniel Trillo
    Participant

If you don’t have anymore slots, maybe make a stereo matrix and then an “ext. in” on what you need to send?

When I have the chance, I’ll see if I can figure something out.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I have to ask, why are you using stereo mixes for for monitors?

cygnusx-1
    Participant

I have been thinking that myself. It was set up this way when I took over. I have been in a learning curve with this board, and there is so much I am trying to figure out. If I ran mono I could have 12 mixes correct?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

If they are wedges or mono in-ears they should be mono. If your band is using stereo in-ears and is actually using the stereo component of it (panning different sources) then they should remain in stereo.

If you can switch to mono, you can double your number of aux mixes or allocate those for other types of mixes like subgroups or matrix mixes. Changing from mono to stereo is done by pressing the “Setup” button, then going to the config tap across the top of the screen. After changing the config, you will need to go to the I/O screen and patch your new mono aux mixes, and then assign them to the surface controls as well.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you can adress 20 mix outputs, 10 stereo monitor mixes in total
    but then you have no master output

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I believe the number of outputs you can address is dependent on the AR boxes you have in your system.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

What do you mean by “slots”?

Chris

cygnusx-1
    Participant

Guys, thanks so much. I spent a lot of time today with this board and found so much wrong with how it was set up and routed. I have a pretty firm grasp on this thing now. Watching vids asking questions etc. More questions to come I’m sure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.