Monitor LR pre graphic

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Monitor LR pre graphic

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jline Jline 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yorkshire Pudding
    Yorkshire Pudding
    Participant

Please can we have a way to monitor the LR output post fader but pre EQ?

I’d like to use the graphic on the L/R output as a room graphic and need to be able to compare the mix on headphones pre graphic with the speakers in the room post graphic.

One option would be to add an option to allow the default headphone output (I.e. no p/afl selected) to be LR post fader/pre EQ.

It seems rather silly to have to keep an analogue graphic in a rack next to a desk with this much processing built in!

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

yes, this would be nice !!!

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

If you’re running a Qu24, this sounds like a situation matrices should be able to address.

DC

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

yep, that would work,
    just monitor Matrix 1-2 in the phones with main L&R turned up,,, left into matrix 1 and right into matrix 2,
    at least that’s how it would work on an analog console with the use of two mono matrices. Unfortunately on the analog console the headphones would typically be mono to monitor the two mono matrices.
    Qu should be stereo. 🙂

good idea!

Yorkshire Pudding
    Participant

Good workaround – but I’m using the QU-16 so no matrix 🙁

Profile photo of Jline
    Jline
    Participant

As a workaround you could always use an extra stereo mix bus, assign all channels post fader, then bring all faders feeding the mix bus up to unity gain. This will allow you to mirror the left right mix with the exception of the master fader. Then, simply PAFL this mix bus and compare to the left right mix feeding FOH.

Yorkshire Pudding
    Participant

I’ve ended up doing something similar – Taking the alt-outs and routing them (physically) into ST2. Then route ST2 only to AUX 9+10, and AUX 9+10 to the FOH. So I can treat the graphic/comp. The only problem with mirroring the mix using post fader sends is that each channel has a separate pan control for each stereo mix bus, so panning information would get lost (at least I think that’s how it works 🙂

Profile photo of Jline
    Jline
    Participant

pan control for each stereo mix bus, so panning information would get lost (at least I think that’s how it works

Yup, good catch on the pan control, you are correct that it will not be mirrored..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.