Monitor fx level

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Monitor fx level

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gilly gilly 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of deeps
    deeps
    Participant

Hey guys got a ?
    This weekend the lead singer wanted something that I did not know how to do.
    So we did a soundcheck and the lead has 3 monitors as he is far from the band
    Mon 1 guitar
    Mon 2 vocal – him lead 1
    Mon 3 chorus keys and lead 2

Now foh was perfect however in mon 3 he wanted no fx on lead 2 but on chorus.

I was stuck how would you do this? You can’t adhst on fx page as if will affect foh all you have is fx fader for Mon or is their a way. In a perfect world no fx would be given to mon but he wants it.

On stage was
    Yamaha 400k electronic drums
    2 keyboards
    4 chorus
    2 leads
    2 guitars

Mon 1/2/3 for lead
    Mon 4 for lead 2
    Mon 5 for chorus
    And so on

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

And which effects engines are providing effects on each part? If Lead2 & Chorus are using different effects bus & engine then it’s easy to send differing amounts to each monitor. If they share the effect bus then obviously it can’t be split again later.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

And you can adjust amounts if, and only if, you are using mix->return or channel->return options for the FX engines.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Have a look at my post in this thread for how I set up FX to allow me to adjust it in monitors without effecting FOH and vice versa. You should be able to do this on a Qu, I think. To do this in your case you’d have needed two separate FX units for monitors, which is getting into “dedicated monitor desk” territory.

Reverb in Mons from FOH

As Mark says though, if you’re using different effects for each input then you can just give him the return for the one he wants, though FOH changes will still affect this.

Chris

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Maybe you can use 2 Fx processors :
    n°1 for FOH only with Fx Send set “Post Fader”
    n°2 for Monitor 3 with Fx Send set “Pre Fader”

Any channels have 4 differents Fx Send that you can indiviually set “post” or “pre” fader
    Fx return for FOH is assigned to LR, Fx return for monitor is only assigned to Monitor 3.
    You can adjust the return level directly in the monitor 3 mix same as FOH.

Profile photo of deeps
    deeps
    Participant

Hey guys
    Thanks for the info was a bit busy recently so i never see the reply.
    Im using fx1-3 and fx 1 was the one that needed adjustment which was reverb.
    Since fx 4 is free il do that but i want to try what Chris did
    thanks for the help

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Curious as to why one person wants 3 monitors. A bit (actually a lot) OTT don’t you think?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.