Monitor EQ

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Monitor EQ

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Belfast
    Belfast
    Participant

Hi everyone i have pushed the button for buying a QU 16 but have a question regarding mix out (Monitor)
    If I have acoustic guitar and lets say vocal in my monitor and i what to change the EQ on the vocal only in the monitor is that possible
    kind og a send EQ function im not talt about EQ on the monitor Dont what to change the EQ on the acoustic in monitor Bjsus
    did think i would have this much trouble explaining myself…

Anyone

Cheers
    S. Kelly

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You’d need to double up the channel you want. Use one as your FoH, the other as your monitor.

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

The only way to make an EQ adjustment on the vocal (but not guitar) in the monitor mix is to set the monitor sends as “Post EQ” and then adjust the EQ on the vocal channel. However, not desirable because that same vocal EQ is being sent the L/R Master.

Sorry, man.

Profile photo of Belfast
    Belfast
    Participant

Right enough did’nt think it was possible,
    have never really tried a digital mixer that could do that one…😉

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

With a stagebox you can easily double patch – but I have to question why the player needs substantially different eq to hear what they are playing…

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi,
    I guess you could also send your guitar out on a dedicated mix and physically return that send with a cable into a channel that you specifically EQ and then send that channel into your monitor mix. As I say, make sure that the channel you patch back into l is not also in the main LR mix or you will prob get nasty feedback I’d imagine.

Why do you need a wildly different monitor EQ for your guitar though?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.