Monitor Control

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Monitor Control

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hawk Hawk 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

I assume you cannot setup/use more than 1 iPad simultaneously to control the QU-16 mixer. Is there another solution where I can have 1 tech person remotely control the monitor auxes (let’s say behind the band) while the FOH person controls the main mix via his iPad out in the audience?

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

The only other solution (besides using a second mixer on stage) is the ME-1 series personal mixer.

ME-1

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Mario. Short answer is no, right now.

I just sold a QU32 and 6 ME1’s and MEU over this topic. Client had first wanted multiple iPad iPhone. Now they are glad they did not. Much happier with ME’s. More solid. Less problems. Sound great. Less chance of lost connection. Easier to adjust in action rather than fingers slipping on a small screen.

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    Participant

Appreciate the responses. I do have and use the ME1. However, it only controls the monitor/s, in my case a powered wedge, that is connected to it. When you have other musicians, each with their own monitor (and desired setting), I assume you need a dedicated ME1 for it. I’m trying to take advantage of a “dedicated monitor technician” that is available, being able to control ALL the monitors being used for each of the varies musicians. I realize at this point I may not have a choice but seems being able to use another iPad for monitor control purposes would be less costly than purchases 5-6 individual ME1s.

Changing subject here – Am I the only one experiencing very slow session on this web site? It doesn’t matter what time of the day it is.

Thanks!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Site is terribly slow. Terribly.

Unless you have powered wedges you still need some kind if driver for earphones. You add that to the cost of an iPad and you are close to if not over the price of an ME. There are several arguments on this. Personally I think players and singers need to get a mix and not need to constantly tweak it every minute. I have seen this problem for years. They get too involved with that and neglect their real job.
    Just my opinion.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

Well, my opinion is still to support multiple iphone mix app.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.