Mojave OS & QU

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Mojave OS & QU

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gordon Gordon 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jesse
    Jesse
    Participant

My new Mac auto updated to Mojave and I’m dead in the water. I could go back to high Sierra but thought I’d ask first if anyone knew when A&H would be updating the QU software to jive w/ Mojave.

Profile photo of ESKEROD
    ESKEROD
    Participant

Yea me too – auto updated or not but a forward choice to update MACOS besides all other DJ softwares out there has already been updated with Mojave compatibility and the reason why I use quality A&H to easy cabling besides.

Come on A&H : )

Thanks,
    . Tue

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Both!

The Qu is core audio compliant and has completed testing on MacOS 10.14 Mojave, so it is now officially supported.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of ESKEROD
    ESKEROD
    Participant

Hi Alex, Where to get the driver then?
    A&H website still says no.

Important
    Allen & Heath + macOS Mojave
    In anticipation of the launch of Appleā€™s latest update to macOS, Mojave, please note the following:

The correct operation of the full, public release of this platform is not yet verified by our development and test departments.
    As a result, support for macOS Mojave is not currently offered for this product.

Full software testing and verification will commence following the official launch by Apple. As our test programmes are completed we will update this notice.

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Eskerod,

As the Qu series is core audio compliant, no drivers are required for MacOS.

Can you please forward the page where that appears?

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of markusfuller
    markusfuller
    Participant

Hi Alex A&H . I too was automatically updated to mojave sadly and it made the QU-16 useless. although as you say the QU16 is core compliant it cannot connect and there are no sounds that can be recorded in cubase. it allows a simple stereo channel to be played out of the mac to the QU-16 only. I have ticked the box in security preferences allowing it access to use the microphone (as many other audio companies tell you to so as to allow usb connections to apple computers running Mojave). but there is no way to send any audio signals back into cubase. so even though you say no drivers are required for MacOS as its core compliant then something still needs to be done as MacOS Mojave will not allow it to communicate in the same manner as any previous MacOS. it has become a simple stereo output only. please can someone at A&H put Mojave on a mac and try this out as many people are talking about this problem on the web at the moment. best wishes from Markus Fuller.

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Markus,

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we can look into this further for you. This is the first report I have seen of this behaviour, but we can certainly replicate your set up and see what is happening.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

My understanding is that Cubase does not use Core Audio, it uses ASIO. So Cubase users are apparently having this problem.

Profile photo of qoobits
    qoobits
    Participant

I use logicpro x, when I upgraded to mojave logic doesn’t record anything… Please help

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Goobits,

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we can look into this further with you. The Qu series has been tested with MacOS Mojave and is supported, so I’m not sure why you’re having this issue at the moment but we will find the root cause through the ticket.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of JC Rox
    JC Rox
    Participant

Alex,
    Ihave spent an entire eight hour day reading, watching videos, and researching fixes for this strange problem. None have worked. QU 32 will no send a signal to protools on my imac with Mojave. We are running Protools 11, but with all updates installed. I understand it is completely supported, but myself and two other engineers could not figure this out. Protools “sees” the qu for ins, outs and buses, but will not receive a signal from the qu32. Is there a step by step guide somewhere to have it recognize the AH QU32? QU32 is running current firmware as well.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

No problems at all with Reaper and Mojave. This is using a Qu-Pac and a Mac Mini and a Qu-32 and a Mac Book.

Phil

Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi JC,

As the Qu is core audio compliant, it is likely an issue from the Mac/ProTools end rather than the Qu itself. Please start a ticket with support if you would like further assistance.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of AVTeam
    AVTeam
    Participant

We’ve updated to Mojave as well. The audio in to StudioOne 4 works fine, but audio out (from anything) is non-functional.

Profile photo of Gordon
    Gordon
    Participant

I’m new to the forums, so hi!

Anyway, I’ve just bought a 2019 iMac which has Mojave installed. The QU-32 is seen as a device by Ableton Live 10 Suite and Logic Pro X, but there is no audio coming through.

I looked into the Mac OS Audio settings and there is movement on the audio meter when I play a synthesiser, but when I look at the Audio MIDI Setup there is no option to increase the levels on the 32 channels. It still works fine on my MacBook Pro with High Sierra installed, so it’s definitely not a new issue with my QU-32.

Those faders in the screenshot I have attached should be blue. I’ll send a ticket as well…

Cheers,

Gordon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.