Mixrack and c3500 will not connect

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Mixrack and c3500 will not connect

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Jay 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dose
    Dose
    Participant

I tried to connect an iPad to our c3500, only to end up with the mixer not finding the mixrack. I did not change any ip-adress, but i did press the DHCP enabled and i see no the web that this might have caused the problem. I have tried the reset switches in the mixrack and i have tried changing ip-adress in both mixer and mixrack. The LED no the mixrack blinks orange so all should be god. All help appreciated!

Profile photo of Dose
    Dose
    Participant

Displaymessage

Profile photo of Dose
    Dose
    Participant

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Dose,

The orange lights for GigaACE only mean that it is connected and active, it has nothing to do with the IP settings.

A couple items to try:

1) Make sure you actually did reset the MixRack IP settings. From the docs: “A recessed switch lets you reset the network settings to factory default. To reset, turn the MixRack off, insert a pointed object to press and hold the switch whilst turning the MixRack back on. Hold the switch in for at least 15 seconds.”

2) Connect a laptop to the network port on the MixRack, set an IP (192.168.1.10/255.255.255.0) and see if a web browser can get to the mix rack (https://192.168.1.70). If this doesn’t work, then the MixRack still isn’t reset to factory default.

To connect your iPad:
    – Wireless Router with DHCP enabled, preferably to a range like 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.199 netmask 255.255.255.0
    – Connect this to the network port on the MixRack (or Surface)
    – Once the iPad connects, you should see the MixRack show up.

Jay

Profile photo of Dose
    Dose
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, i will try and connect a laptop directly to the mixer and see what happens. To me it seems like the reset switch is a dipswitch inside the mixrack (cdm32) but maybe i am mistaken?

Profile photo of Dose
    Dose
    Participant

Awesome, it was not the dipswitches but the resetbutton you mentioned. All works now 🙂 but a strange “error”as i didnt change anything except for pushing the DHCP button on the mixer.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Dose,

Glad you got it working. The internal switches are for password recovery and a software reset, they don’t handle the network reset.

As far as the DHCP button, it did exactly what it was supposed to. When you enable that the Mixrack expects to get its IP address from a DHCP server, it is not a DHCP server, so it lost its IP.

Jay

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.