MixPad "Routing"Screen

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions MixPad "Routing"Screen

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

I was just trying to set up my SQ from home and discovered there is no “Routing” option. Is this coming or not intended to be added ever? Does anyone else want this added?

Profile photo of rottmat
    rottmat
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

There s no routing screen but you can assign/unassign every channels to every mix directly from layers. The ON key on each channel appears with the long fader screen mode.

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Same thing for pan . But it would be nice to see them permanently like the qu’s indeed

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Sorry i can’t edit my post, but just after posting i thought it s probably a choice from a&h to avoid assignement errors while mixing..

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

@fab Thanks, but I am primarily looking to set up some matrices.

Profile photo of Slammin
    Slammin
    Participant

Hi,

My understanding of routing to matrices is that you select the mix layer on the app and then highlight the matrix you want to route to. Then if you look to the right of the preamp section you should see a small grey arrow, press this and you will be taken to the routing page. Alternatively if you highlight any of the other outputs and press the same arrow you will see each matrix it can be routed to (you have the following controls pre/post, on/off and level)

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

That’s right

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

They need to make a MixPad App reference guide. Thanks guys

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @spleeding,

There’s an SQ-MixPad help document available in the app from either the ‘Choose Unit’ screen (touch/click the ‘?’), or when in the app from the main session menu drop down.
    [this is an accompaniment to the SQ reference guide and so it deals with MixPad specific features only, however, this does include a screen navigation tree and points out the ‘second screen’ arrow that gets you to the routing screen]

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

The older I get, the dumber I feel. I’m not sure how I missed that. Thanks. Maybe this should get moved to general discussions.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @spleeding,

Definitely don’t feel dumb – it’s on us that it wasn’t more obvious!
    We may take a look at the positioning of the routing screen again in the future.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.