MixPad New SoftKey/Mute Group Layout

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions MixPad New SoftKey/Mute Group Layout

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of New2SQ
    New2SQ
    Participant

After a few attempts of trying to use the MixPad app, I thought of a new layout that might help make some things more accessible. Please allow me to explain my crude cut-and-paste image:

I don’t know about the vast majority of users, but for me, once the channel processing is set I don’t really need access to it any more. But the Softs I still use. If the Mute Groups and Soft Keys options get moved to the top half of the screen, you can now access faders and soft keys on the same screen.

The assign button becomes a toggle so you can either change its setting, or use the button when the assign is off.

The soft buttons themselves can light up the same color scheme as the buttons on the mixer.

The soft rotaries are a little more difficult, but a colored scribble strip, value slider for the parameter, and a button.

It might make sense to have to toggle buttons to switch between soft buttons and soft rotaries, as I believe the SQ7 has 8, and it might be hard to fit them in.

Then if you change the top half to the “Long View”, You could add all of the labels for the softs, and change the rotaries to faders.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Or if they can add a channel strip with 4 softkeys on like what was done in the Qu’s Mixpad app. I ended up having to use DCA’s for mutes when running from a tablet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.