MixPad connection problems on iOS 10

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting MixPad connection problems on iOS 10

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of oleg_naumenko oleg_naumenko 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oleg_naumenko
    oleg_naumenko
    Participant

Hi there,

the system is: iLive 112 + iDR48, network settings are default, router uses DHCP, all worked fine until (probably) when I updated my iPad to iOS 10.

The same settings with the same router suddenly stopped working properly, with connection being established for some 5-10 seconds, then reporting, “connection is lost”. Re-starting connection from the app start dialogue does not help and results in alert “connection unavailable”. Re-starting the app itself has same result. After several minutes, however, it is able to connect once again, but not for long, it’s impossible to work with it.

what I tried:
    – iLiveEditor 1.95 on macOS Sierra connects just fine through the same setup. Later (after ~10mins) connection drops but unlike on MixPad, can be easily re-established by “Retry” button.
    – change of router didn’t help;
    – another Cat5 cables didn’t help;
    – improved radio interference scenario didn’t help (not an RF issue, tried in several different places)
    – same behavior when router is connected to mixrack or surface.

Please help.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Is your router providing DNS address via DHCP? New iOS sometimes decides there is no connection if DNS cannot be reached. Sometimes it is helpful to set manual IP, GW and DNS.

ddff

Profile photo of oleg_naumenko
    oleg_naumenko
    Participant

Yes it’s DHCP all through. I will try static IP’s when I have access to console/rack and will report here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.