MixPad can't see rack after iOS 6-7 upgrade

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting MixPad can't see rack after iOS 6-7 upgrade

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of chads chads 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chads
    chads
    Participant

MixPad v1.91
    iOS 7.2
    firmware v1.90
    Access point D-Link DIR-815

I’ve just upgraded the iPad to iOS 7.2 from 6. Unfortunately I managed to lose my backup recently in a hard disc incident, then forgot to create another one before upgrading so I can’t go back (yes, already called myself all the names I can think of!).

I now can’t see the mix rack from MixPad. I’ve tried reconfiguring the access point, both with and without security, both frequencies, auto and fixed channels. The iPad can ping the mix rack and iLive Editor works as before.

All devices are configured to fixed IP and the network doesn’t have a gateway.

I’m aware that I don’t have the latest firmware (1.90 vs 1.94). Is this likely to be the issue? (can’t upgrade till tomorrow – got a gig tonight which will have to be on Editor)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

not sure… i remember 1.92 up is required?

Profile photo of chads
    chads
    Participant

Thanks. I couldn’t think of any other possible reasons and hadn’t left myself enough time to sort it out. I’ll do the upgrade after tonight’s gig

Profile photo of chads
    chads
    Participant

No joy, sadly. I had an hour to spare so figured I might as well take the plunge – could have done tonight on analogue if necessary.

Mixrack and surface now on 1.94, no connection on iPad 🙁

Profile photo of chads
    chads
    Participant

Solved. The problem was that the iPad MUST be configured with a default route and DNS server even though both are irrelevent in this setup. Seems to be quite happy with the default route pointing at itself and a DNS server it can’t reach

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.