Mixpad and RTA

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mixpad and RTA

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BJ BJ 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BJ
    BJ
    Participant

Used an SQ5 for the first time at a small festival today. The RTA overlay on the console is cool, but I could not get it to work on an actual Aux PEQ or GEQ, only in the Metering menu. What was I missing to get it to work on an active EQ? Using it to ring out monitors was rather clunky.
    Cheers. BJ

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @BJ

There are two RTA’s in the SQ, the one in the Meters screen and one for channels (PEQ/GEQ).
    You can find more info on how to switch it on and adjust settings in the reference guide here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf#page=46&zoom=auto,-361,574

MixPad functionality is the same and buttons are in the same place, the only thing you may have missed is that you can drag the centre bar on the app (with the meters) up or down to either get bigger faders and pan control or full processing control – including access to the RTA.

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of BJ
    BJ
    Participant

Hmmm, just hooked it up at the shop now and it seems to work as it should. Not sure what I was doing wrong. I may not have had Follow Device selected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.