Mixpad 1.5 Offline Patching not reflecting on Strips

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Mixpad 1.5 Offline Patching not reflecting on Strips

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SoundGuy SoundGuy 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SoundGuy
    SoundGuy
    Participant

When using Mixpad 1.5 Windows 10 to configure/setup SQ-7, when changing io/patch for a channel from a local assignment to a USB assignment, the strip still shows the local assignment. I have not tested this on the mixer when recalling the scene from the saved scene (flash drive) to see if the patch does change to USB (as assigned in the io/patch) or if it stays as indicated on the strip. Display issue or bug?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It just works on my version…

SoundGuy
    Participant

Update – just tested with the mixer. The file is accurate when loaded in the mixer – so the issue is the strip’s display, not the file.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@soundguy
    Please could you clarify where you’re looking (which strip display?) and the steps you took so we can figure out if there’s an issue here.
    Thanks 🙂

SoundGuy
    Participant

For example, if you change the i/o routing in Mixpad to USB input, the Channel Strip still reflects the Local Input. If you load the file into the mixer, the routing is correct. See attached images for details.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@soundguy
    Thanks for the images, there are two ways to understand what you see as the issue though –

‘Ip1’ refers to input channel 1, which is one of the 48 input channels in the core of the mixer rather than local input socket 1. Once you rename one of the input channels, you will see Ip[x] appear in the naming section to help keep track of things.

If instead you have patched USB input socket 1 to Input channel 1 before the first picture of the processing screen, and are still seeing the preamp controls, then I’m stumped! I cannot reproduce that behaviour here, so please could you send us a copy of your show folder using https://support.allen-heath.com (and then clicking ‘Submit a Request’) so we can look into this.

Thanks,
    Keith.

SoundGuy
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Keith – I now understand what I’m looking at. I interpreted the Ip1 as the source, not the input channel, so now it makes sense. Also looking at the Socket Preamp settings visibility makes sense, and now I can move forward with confidence. I would like to see (maybe as a future product update?) in the top right of the channel label something like L1 (local) or U1 (USB) or some other designator to reflect the actual patched source. Just my .02 cents. Thanks again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.