Mixing Station for SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mixing Station for SQ

This topic contains 45 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hello David,
    great work in that short time, my respect!
    I tried the pro version and it works very fine so far. This quick test shows some issues and I reported that on your website at https://dev-core.org/backend/#/bug-report

Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I thought I post an update about the latest changes of Mixing Station.
    – It is possible to download mixer layouts created by other users. This is especially helpful when you want to get started fast. Only requirement is a mixing station account.
    It is also possible to backup your settings directly to your account.
    In the future this feature will be expanded to cross mixer channel presets as well. This means that you will be able to store a channel preset for any supported mixer, and load it on any other supported mixer (as long as no special plugins are used). This is especially helpful when you work with different mixers and want to access your presets on any of them.
    – Full Mackie Control Midi support (including Metering and LCDs). This means that you can connect any MCU compatible midi controller and use it to control mixing station / your mixer.
    – Fully customizable channel strip. This allows you to reorder and resize the channel strip as you like. If you want you can even get rid of the fader.
    – Layers can automatically scale if you change the channel count. This makes it very easy to change the number of visible channels.

Coming up in v1.1.0:
    – Load/save all channel and FX presets
    – All free FX types are now accessible from the app.
    – Multi window support for the PC/Mac version.

A more detailed explanation about the new features can be found here:
    https://dev-core.org/posts/2020-06-28-mixing-station-community

Happy mixing!

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Ah totally forgot:
    Mixing Station Pc/Osx can act as a protocol converter between OSC/REST and the mixer. This allows other software which only can communicate with OSC to work with any supported mixer.
    An example use case would be theater automation with palladium or QLab. While it’s true that you could just use the TCP Midi driver provided by A&H the API provided by mixing station is cross mixer compatible. This means if you have your QLab show configured with mixing station you can change to any other supported mixer and most of the commands will still work.
    Currently the documentation for this is quite rough so if you are an advanced user and interested check it out here: https://dev-core.org/ms-docs/integrations/apis/
    Don’t worry, I plan to make this documentation easier to understand.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hi David,
    As I already wrote in a german forum it would be nice if you can implement a firmware detection to use the corresponding network protocol. This will help users in situations like the current where there are some serious problems with the current firmware and some users must switch back to a previous firmware.
    Also when a sound engineer wants to use the own tablet with a device (eg. from a event company or the one of the venue) which is not at the same firmware version as the app.

Profile photo of jc2000
    jc2000
    Participant

David,

Mixing station is a protocol converter between SQ and OSC, great!

Do you think you can also implement ChannelSelect and MixSelect in the OSC API ?
    Would be great!

thanks.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Long time since I last posted here, but I’m happy to announce the next big update for mixing station.
    This release includes a few new things for A&H mixers as well:
    – There is now a dedicated layout for the DynEQ and multiband compressors. All of them can be easily tweaked by dragging, similar to a regular PEQ
    – All SMR FX now have the expert parameters available
    – All premium compressor models now got fancy graphics
    – Sidechain and parallel path options
    – Signal generator
    – ReGain feature is now more easily accessible

Additionly there were a lot of smaller features and fixes. The entire changelog can be found here. The update should appear in the next 24h in the appstore.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Yeah!
    Still without A&H Support? 😉
    GigaFreaky!

greetings from austria,
    dd

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Still without A&H Support? 😉

I’ve always thought @keithjah should be sending David one of everything. I literally started on A&H because Mixing Station started supporting them. Qu, then GLD, then SQ. I would certainly be on Wing instead now if he didn’t. I’ve specced an awful lot of QUs and SQs into systems.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Still without A&H Support?

Yep, that’s why some of the features for A&H mixers take (much) more time to develop, but in the end I get there 🙂

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

1.000.000 Thanks!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I certainly miss Mixing Station Pro due to switching to the Avantis. I had to purchase a 13″ 2in1 Windows laptop just to be able to run the Avantis Director software. I’m completely happy with the end result, but it was an expensive solution! Glad to see continued growth/support of Mixing Station.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Just released a new version of Mixing Station, including support for the Avantis mixer series.

The most important changes for the SQ are:
    – Channel Link and Quickgang feature: Allows you to link arbitary channels together, or batch edit them relatively to eachother. Super helpful when adjusting gains/thresholds of multiple channels (for example drums). See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLx8Jjchq7s for more details
    – Dedicated “Tap Delay” action
    – Layout editor is now easier to use and includes predefined buttons
    – Opto compressor now accessible (with fancy graphics)
    – Improved gain reduction visibility in MultiDB/Dyn8
    – Improved routing matrix with lock feature

The full changelogs can be found here:
    https://mixingstation.app/changelogs

Also a quick sidenote on the Avantis integration: It is also possible to access input signal routing, Dyn8/MultiDB and FX racks within Mixing Station.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello David,
    that’s great news!

Would you have the possibility to program it for the dLive as well?
    I really like your app for the SQ!

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Yes and no: I don’t own any dLive components and I don’t have easy access to them. However I was able to build a rough prototype using the dLive Director software, but I’m not sure how good it covers the actual hardware. So depending on how well/bad it works there might be support for dLive as well. Otherwise I’ll need to get a CDM first 🙂

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I would appreciate it when A&H would talk with you about a closer cooperation and support you with the protocol of their products. Thatwould have a lot of benefits for all participants. A&H would have a professional partner for remote applications and do have more time to improve the product software, David can spare time which is wasted for reverse engineering, and the users will have a perfect remote application. The prototype of a win-win-win situation.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.