Mixing monitors via a touch screen

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mixing monitors via a touch screen

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Has anyone of you ever tried to use a touch screen monitor in combination with a Windows laptop running MixPad? Plan is to use this as some kind of monitor desk (a bit like the LV1). I know it isn’t possible to send audio signal to this virtual desk to hear the actual mix, I just want to change faders, eq etc. from this monitor position.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I haven’t tried it with a Windows touchscreen, but we do that on iPads all the time. There are certainly people using touchscreens with Mixing Station. Be aware that there are very tight limits on how many remote devices an SQ can support. You can run 3 instances of Mixpad, or 2 instances of Mixing Station. If you’re cabling to the laptop with ethernet, you can run an audio feed from the board down the unused pairs in the ethernet cable and listen to what’s soloed up. You’re liable to conflict with the house tech, of course, since the desk will also be soloed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.