Mix1 Master moving my Master LR

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Mix1 Master moving my Master LR

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kenson
    Kenson
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new to the QU16 and I am currently setting it up. I noticed that when I set up a headphone mix using Mix1 master it is now controlling the LR Master. It is also doing the same thing for Mix2 Master. Any ideas why this is happening? It only happens when I have Layers selected. When I go back into the regular channel setting it does not move the Master LR when I move the Mix 1 or 2. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

When you say “layers selected” I assume you mean selecting the top layer button
    that gives you the stereo inputs and all of the mix send and return levels.

When that layer is selected the master fader far right hand fader is still controlling
    the main LR mix master level.

I if you directly select a mix or an FX send for that matter by hitting one the select buttons on the right hand side of the mixer then the far right master fader becomes the
    master level fader for the mix that is selected at that time.

When you directly select a mix the faders become the send levels to the selected mix
    for that fader’s channel.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I’m new to the QU16 and I am currently setting it up.

read the manual

I noticed that when I set up a headphone mix using Mix1 master it is now controlling the LR Master.

I doubt that…
    you mixed things up

It only happens when I have Layers selected.

you only have 3 layers, one with the inputs 1-16, one with stereo inputs, FX return and mix masters and the last one is the custom layer
    it is essentially to understand the function of the blue mix buttons

getting started video

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@kenson

Read the manual again very carefully.
    You seem to not understand how things work especially layers.

The block diagram helps a lot.
    The verbiage is minimal as it apparently assumes you already know other AH gear.

You might find a video somewhere that explains layers to you.
    I believe the manual omits a key sentence or paragraph that would clear things up.
    At least I discovered some things that I do not recall seeing in the manual when our church did them for streaming.
    Or maybe I just think I did. Apparently the mix buttons all act like their own layer whether you go to the upper layer or not.

A good index that cross references everything would be useful if you printed the manual for easier use, but you can search the pdf and read everything near the word layer.

Make sure you have the right layer button pushed and the channel selected correctly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.