Mix Spill : Flip to fader advance ==> Display only inputs assigned to the Mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Mix Spill : Flip to fader advance ==> Display only inputs assigned to the Mix

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BarnabY
    BarnabY
    Participant

The organisation of the Mixes (auxiliaries) in the SQ is an advanced function of the famous “flip to fader” option found on the previous consoles like X32, M32 & so on.

This option is very useful when you have only or mainly inputs in your channel banks. However, with the ability to choose what you want where you want it, the “flip to fader” function becomes a bit complex.

Indeed, we often use one or two layers for the mix where we find some inputs, sub-groups or DCA, Fx, Matrix… If I flip to a mix to adjust a send I don’t have visually all the inputs assigned to this mix. It is also confusing to see some output channels, matrix etc that are not assigned in this mix when I select a specific Mix ouput.

Would it be possible for those who manage monitors from FOH to have a kind of Mix Spill: when I select a mix I would like to see only the inputs assigned to this mix.

Advantages :

– faster access to sends
    – Clearer to see the channels assigned to that mix
    – Avoid forgetting that you have selected a mix rather than the L/R
    – More clarity for a second user

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Profile photo of BarnabY
    BarnabY
    Participant

Hello to all,

Just an up. I really miss this feature on the SQ 5.
    It would be great to see only the inputs associated with each mix (aux, subgroups).
    Any chance to do so ?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Just use scenes to change the fader layout to be what you want for a specific mix and then use a softkey to load that scene. For example, softkey 1 loads a scene with your monitor 1 desired layout with and monitor 1 mix selected, softkey 2 loads a scene with your monitor 2 desired layout and monitor 2 mix selected, etc, etc, and softkey 5 is your LR desired layout with LR mix selected. You can use the scene filter option to only recall the fader layouts and the selected mix on the scene changes.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I don’t think the selected mix is stored as part of a scene??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.