Mix not Post fader? on 1/4 inch

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Mix not Post fader? on 1/4 inch

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PHBC
    PHBC
    Participant

Here is my setup:

I have one Qu-32. It has a a XLR snake that goes to the stage. Mix1 is the Floor Monitors, Mix2 is the Choir Monitors, Mix3 is the feed to other rooms in the church, Mix4 is the Feed going back to the computer to record the sermons.

The Qu-32 is set to all the basic settings. We don’t use it for anything other than sound. We don’t record on the mixer. We don’t have a stage box. We use it with just the most basic settings and setup.

I also have a CD player connected to it via 1/4 inch to (RCA) and it also isn’t Post Fader controlled but I want it to be. I can plugin a true XLR device and it will be magically Post Fader controlled.

It must be an issue with the Qu-32. I will try all the suggestions when I return from my mini vacation on Monday.

Thank You all for your time and suggestions. If these suggestions don’t fix it, I will make a YouTube video showing you it happening.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Here’s the block diagram of the signal paths within the console.

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-24and32-block-diagram_V1.8_1.pdf

As you can see in the top left, the 1/4″ and XLR inputs are connected in paralell before the preamp and analog-to-digital converter. Because of this, it is impossible for the XLR input to have a different signal path from the 1/4″ input, unless something is very broken.

What’s most likely happening is that the computer audio has an alternative path to the console. As others have said, unplug all inputs except the intended computer audio cable and see what happens.

Chris

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Save the scene and upload it here… There has to be another path in play.

The two inputs are wired together in the analogue domain – they absolutely cannot have different routing.

I take it there isn’t a lot of channel crosstalk?!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.