Mix Bus assignable to LR Bus

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Mix Bus assignable to LR Bus

Tagged: 

This topic contains 49 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThisIsAnAudioAccount ThisIsAnAudioAccount 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aaronsierra
    aaronsierra
    Participant

Just wondering if there could be an update to make mix/aux busses able to be assigned to LR.

For instance, When doing parallel compression on drums I want to control the levels of what I’m sending to the compressed mix bus and then send that compressed group to the LR withe the ability to control the overall level of the Mix Bus.

Thank you!

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Just assign the mix master to LR like a channel or fx return.
    On the default layout, go to the layer with the mix masters, and assign using the assign button just like with an input channel.

Profile photo of main
    main
    Participant

Soren you can’t assign an aux master to LR like you can on the channels. You can however use a group to do this, and I like how you can go into Bus Config settings and decide how many busses you want to be group or aux.

Profile photo of OlivierM
    OlivierM
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi all,

Auxes are auxiliary busses, i.e. supplementary to the main LR mix.
    Therefore you should not be able to assign these to the LR mix as they are separate by design.

There are two options for combining and processing channels and then mixing these to an output however:
    Use a group for overall processing of input channels which can then be routed to any mix (LR/aux/group/matrix) as you like.
    Send the LR to a matrix and use this for your main output, other mixes (groups/auxes) with their own processing can then be added to this matrix.

For drums, a group would probably be the best option, and don’t forget that every compressor in the SQ features an in-line coherent parallel path 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Taking advantage of this subject, I would now like to ask a question. Will it ever be possible to have the same number that has helpers to have groups without one influencing the other? For example: today we have a standard in SQ we have 12 helpers and if you want to have groups we have to eliminate each helper for each group. Could we have 12 helpers and 12 groups through a future update?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@junior
    the max bus architecture is fixed as 12 mono/stereo

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

@steffen R didn’t mean it! What I want is that I can have my 12 mono aux and have 12 groups at the same time, which today is impossible, because every time I set up a group I lose an aux

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Allen & Heath could find a way that when using groups it was not necessary to use the buttons next to 1 to 12. It could use layer faders to access them

SteffenR
    Participant

what is not understandable on the architecture is fixed…?
    this was a platform decision and will not change

36 buses in total
    L/R, 12 stereo mix buses, 4 FX stereo, PAFL stereo

if you need a different architecture you have to by a different console
    and it will of course cost more money because there are more FPGA’s build in

that simple

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Maybe that’s why Beringer’s Wing is gaining the whole market

SteffenR
    Participant

Maybe that’s why Beringer’s Wing is gaining the whole market

the architecture is limited as well

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

In fact the WING architecture is not that different. 48 input channels and 16 mixbusses are quite similar(ok, the input channels are all stereo channels, only the input source depends whether they are uses as mono channel ornot) Only four Main mixes and eight matrix busses are more than the SQ offers. So on the WING also have to decide how much of the 16 mixbusses are aux, groups or fx busses. All the same as on the SQ.
    There are a lot differences between those two consoles but the general bus architecture is it not.

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Anyway, Wing still has 16 aux versus only 12 aux from SQ. I think it’s too little for a console at that price. There would have to be at least 16 aux

Profile photo of Gregg Grey
    Gregg Grey
    Participant

PLASSE stop compare 96KHz versus 48KHz architectures consoles…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.