Missing Chanel 1 & 2 outputs in Sonar

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Missing Chanel 1 & 2 outputs in Sonar

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mikey B Mikey B 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

Ok, so my output options in Sonar used to include Qu32 ASIO Channel 1 left, QU32 ASIO Channel 1 Right or Qu32 ASIO Stereo Channel 1 (channels 1 & 2 and 1-2 respectively… At least that’s how it was playing out)… Now, all of a sudden they are missing from my options. I still have every odd number up to 31, just missing number 1’s…

So now every channel is moved down one strip on the board and 1 & 2 are empty during playback… (Track 1 plays on channel 3, 2 plays on 4 etc..)

They are still input options but not output options, so I know it’s still seeing them… Is something else somehow using them? Coulda sworn it was working fine when I went to bed last night… *sigh*

Any ideas?

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Don’t know Sonar at all but many DAW will use output 1 and 2 as your main output by default but you should be able to change that. Also, check Setup/Output Patch/USB Audio on the QU to make sure you assigned them.

Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

It did, in fact, use 1 and 2 as the main outputs, but I was able to select them as individual outputs before and then assign those outputs to tracks 1 and 2 and then work with the tracks in the right order… (i.e.- track one would go to channel 1 and so forth) now I have to select track one to output on channel 3 in order to get it (because the 1 Left, 1 right, and 1 stereo don’t even show up on the output options… all others do) and 1& 2 are empty…. so nothing, including the master, will output to 1L and 1R…

This also seems odd to me (that they are all numbered only with odd numbers) so instead of a 1 & 2 there is a 1 Left, 1 Right, or 1 Stereo…. instead of a 1, a 2 and a stereo 1&2… is that how it is supposed to appear? This has been this way since I installed the Qu32, but at least I used to have the options of 1L, 1R and 1 Stereo… which seemed to work fine as assigned to be 1, 2 or stereo 1&2 respectively.

They are all set up the way they used to be on the Qu and the sound comes to 3-32 just fine… I will check the setup but I am pretty sure they are set right….

I think this all happened after a Windows 8 update, but not certain that had anything to do with it. If I use an alternate sound source, such as Media Player, it outputs on 31 & 32 on my Qu (31L, 31R and 31 Stereo). but Sonar seemed to default to 1&2 until I would change it at the master output…

Would it not show up if some other program were using those channels? This is all very confusing to me…

Thanks for the input!!

Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

Ok, I have checked the USB Audio and 1 is set to CH1, 2 to CH2 etc… It may be interesting to note that the Qu ASIO Driver Channel 1 (R & L) is also missing from my fader strips… As noted, the driver for channel 1 appears for my inputs, just not my outputs… I have re-installed Sonar, same thing…. Next I guess I hard reset my Qu, since I guess it’s possible I changed something on there that would cause them to not show up anymore?

Any input is welcome here… I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this interfacing with the computer… I get some tracks to go down with effects on them, others seem to combine tracks (as if being mixed to stereo)… I’m kind of lost here…

Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

Was a setting in sonar… Somehow I must have I clicked channel 1…. *sigh*… Life was easier when I was chasing cables…

Thanks for the help!

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Glad to know you figured it out 🙂 Enjoy your mixer!

Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

ok…. Ive done it again and I cant figure out what I did to fix it last time

Profile photo of Mikey B
    Mikey B
    Participant

OK, just so its here for next time I need to reference it…. Its in Sonar under Options/Audio/Drivers … *sigh* Im getting old.. not sure why it changes itself to turn off channel one every so often, but it does

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.