Missing Balance Pots for Bus Masters

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Missing Balance Pots for Bus Masters

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dilettant Dilettant 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dilettant
    Dilettant
    Participant

Just realized that there are no Balance Control on the Stereo Bus Masters. I think they should be added because that is a basic Function.

I know some People think there is no need for that, but there are definitely situations where it is at least helpful.

For example, think of a very low budget Setup – let’s say on a school campus – with a “Frontline” consisting of two “big” active 15″/2″ Speakers hanging at the Front traverse. No Controllers or Speaker Management System, no Amp, no way to reach the speaker Controls during the Show.

Room is often a Problem on such place, so it may easily happen that the Audience is seated in an angle and somewhere slightly off-Axis from Stage (may also happen if there is additional space needed in front of the Audience but not on Stage, for example to place a Jury, a Speaker, some Gifts or whatever else).

Although Conditions are not ideal, the “Audio Man” will wnt to deliver good Stereo Sound anyway. A Balance Pot on Main Bus would help him to do this without having to adjust up to 48 Balance Pots of several Inputs or waste a Matrix Bus for that.

Another Usage could be multiple Audio Zones some of which do not allow a symmetric speaker placement – that can happen easily on Sports Events. As well, it would be better to have a Master Balance Knob here instead of having to adjust 48 Channel Balance Sends (and maybe each of them for 13 Stereo Busses)!

The Balance/Pan rotary Control is already there. So why not simply give it a function when selecting a Stereo Bus Master?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Dilettant,

the Output Balance Controls are on the routing screen of the output busses.

See Page 40 of the reference guide:

“Main – (‘Main Snd’)
    • Touch the ‘Output Bal’ value and adjust using the touchscreen rotary to adjust
    the output balance.”

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Dilettant
    Dilettant
    Participant

Aaaaah great! Thanks for the hint.

Then of course I take back my suggestion. Maybe it would reduce support Calls to make the GUI more consistent by placing that at the same place as Pan/Bal for input channels.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.