Mirroring Main Mix to Aux

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mirroring Main Mix to Aux

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ericopp
    ericopp
    Participant

Setting up an SQ-6 here. I must be missing something. Is there a way to take my main mix and send it to an Aux. I am trying to do the following:

1. Assign a few levels from my main (kick drum, bass, etc.) to go the subwoofer in Aux 1. Is there a way to bring it up in both by just using the channel fader in the mains? Would I still be able to fine tune it in the Aux 1 mix?

2. This is probably easier, but I’d like to take the mix going to the main house mix, and have Aux 2 (our lobby) mirror whatever the levels going on in the main.

Any thoughts on how I can do these?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

1 – Make mix1 pre fade, and put sends at unity. Mix1 will get whatever level you send to L&R and you can adjust the send faders to tweak the amount going to subs.

2 – send L&R to a Matrix and use that ( though for the moment, matrix are only able to be stereo)

Profile photo of ericopp
    ericopp
    Participant

Thanks! That set me on track!

Profile photo of freighttrain
    freighttrain
    Participant

GREAT and very sensible tips Mark!

Since I run the sound for two of my bands – from the stage… and use in-ears in one of them, I think I’ll use this next time we rehearse and try it out!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

should the send for subwoofer not be POST fader?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Yes!

Sorry. Fingers not connected to brain – or something.

Profile photo of ericopp
    ericopp
    Participant

….aaaaand I’m back. Got the subs figured out, but I’m still having a hard time with mirroring the main mix to our lobby (aux 2)

I’ve got the main LR sending to Matrix 2, and I’m getting signal through Matrix 2 and can hear it on the PAFL, just can’t figure out how to get it into the lobby.

I should also note, we want the main mix mirrored during services, but in the morning while the team is rehearsing, we want the mp3 player to be the only thing going out there.

Do I need to map the matrix to an input? I’m stumped here.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

input to matrix is not possible at the moment

so you have to spent an bus to send the mp3 to the matrix only, and not to the main mix

your signal flow:

mp3 input > bus > matrix

microphones > main mix

during showtime you change this to:

mp3 input > main mix
    microphones > main mix
    main mix > matrix

the matrix is the only signal what goes to the lobby
    you have to adress the outputs you are using for the lobby with the matrix signal
    this is done in the output patch screen

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.