MIDI Soft Keys

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions MIDI Soft Keys

This topic contains 17 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nolman nolman 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of magneticfield
    magneticfield
    Participant

@mjcelectronics
    With all due respect for your opinion. I will try to be as explicit as possible. Their reasons given are still relative. I want to remember that dLive is in market competition with other well-known brands which have an absolutely complete Midi implementation, or what is the same, total Midi implementation of ALL the parameters of the mixer.
    It is not my intention to enter into comparisons, but to cite an example, Yamaha LS9 (in terms of this business it is currently an old table, it was launched in 2006, it has been 14 years!) Has full control of each of its parameters via Midi!
    I am a huge fan of dLive, I love its sound and ergonomics, but I must say that I feel a tremendous frustration that I do not have full access through Midi to all the parameters of the console.
    In these times where the industry has firmly bet on MIDI 2.0 I think that is the direction in which we must look. The day Allen & Heath implements full access to all parameters via Midi in dLive, it will undoubtedly change the game completely. It will have no competition of any kind.

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

Note that I said possibly, I have no evidence to back that possibility up it’s just something to consider.
    Sometimes decisions not to implement something that is technically straightforward are driven by many other business factors.
    The LS9 comparison is not exactly apples to apples as once you’ve bought the LS9 you have a contol surface already and there are no options otherwise, MIDI is just remote control.
    DLive is an unusual beast in this respect with the console in reality being the mixrack rather than the surface and that makes a full MIDI implementation different to most consoles.
    A&H has the business need to drive sales of DLive surfaces, if you can build a surface equivalent with cheap commodity MIDI controllers then there will be some loss of surface sales.
    Yamaha is also a much bigger company that A&H (and its parent) so business decisions may be different.
    The news of some well known names at A&H being made redundant this week makes me think their priorities right now will be generating revenue and anything which might be counter productive to that won’t happen.

Again I have no evidence that this is the reason we don’t see all of the feature requests granted, I’m just saying we need to consider that some decisions will be based on a whole bunch of factors that we as the consumer will never see directly.

Profile photo of nolman
    nolman
    Participant

+1

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.