MIDI PATCH BAY

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions MIDI PATCH BAY

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I am buying a QU-16. I have a MacBook Pro 2012, with 2 USB 3.0 ports. I also have a USB Midi Patch bay (EDIROL/ROLAND UM-880 8IN x 8OUT). Finally I have 7 synthesizers and a TR-8 drum machine to connect to the QU-16.

My objective is this:
    1- Outputting the synths audio from the QU-16 to the MacBook 1st USB port, through USB streaming.
    2- At the same time, connect all my synths MIDI IN’s/OUT’s to the UM-880 patch bay, and from this to the MacBook 2nd USB port.
    3- Finally Sync Audio and MIDI inside my DAW, for multitrack recording.

Is this possible ?

Forgive me if this is a newbie question, but I am in the beginning. :O)
    Eduardo Neves

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello,

Is it possible that no one uses a setup like this ?
    Several synths connected to the QU, while using a MIDI Interface to record MIDI into a DAW ?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Draw a block schematic and scan it
    Post it on here.
    A lot of the people here have spent years working with midi and mixers.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I guess this primarily is a question which DAW you’re using. If its Logic came from MIDI and learned to operate with audio as well, others came from audio and learned to handle MIDI. You just need to pick a DAW which is able to work with audio and midi in the same timeline (I guess all big ones fall into that range) and provides the required number of concurrent tracks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.