Midi over TCP IDR-8

Forums Forums Other A&H products Midi over TCP IDR-8

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JohanBA
    JohanBA
    Participant

Is it possible to sent MIDI commands over the ethernet connection of the IDR-8.
    I haven’t found this in the manual or on internet, but afaik newer models support this.

Reason why we would want this, is that we have our idr-8 on the stage of our church and we would like to do more remote control from our just added videostreaming set up. We are using a stream-deck and OBS that can launch scripts and commands to mute channels etc. We have a PL-6 but that is a closed system I guess.

Distance is about 50m which is too long for a MIDI cable.

thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Johan,
    You can control iDR8 over Sys-Net (RS232) or Telnet (network). Both protocol specs are in the program folder when you install iDR System Manager, but I’ve attached the Telnet protocol here for reference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of JohanBA
    JohanBA
    Participant

ok. Thanks.

Profile photo of JohanBA
    JohanBA
    Participant

Hi,
    Could you advice me what would be a good solution to control the IDR-4? We have a PL-6, but we would like to extend to a more modern solutions.
    Are there software products that could translate the input of eg a Behringer X-Touch Mini, or another USB/midi control device, to talk to the IDR over Telnet?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Johan,
    It depends what sort of settings and parameters you are intending to control. A system integrator could easily program a touchscreen from the likes of Crestron, AMX or Extron to control an iDR. There is also a PL Designer software to design Windows control interfaces for iDR.

Part of our current range of products, including the AHM-64 processor, also supports MIDI control via a Windows/Mac driver, as well as newer hardware controllers such as the IP8, IP6 and IP1. It would also give you more options to expand the system, add Dante etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.