Midi Help – 1.4.1

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Midi Help – 1.4.1

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicole A&H Nicole A&H 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of adamgarrett
    adamgarrett
    Participant

New to midi and trying to get midi controls to work with Waves multitrack.

Midi Relative to my understanding is what I want to use. It will allow the know its controlling in multirack to move up and down depedining on which way I turn…

Absolute goes to a value, 0 – 127, and remembers it. So if I’m on one plugin and turn the dial to 100, then jump to another plugin and move the same absolute dial it will just that dial to 100. Which, is not a good thing…

I have attached a video of what’s going on. The Input dial of the the compressor is being controlled but a relative dial and is going straight to the min and max value of that knob. The output of the plugin is being control by absolute which works very fluid however I can use it since it rememberer the valve and puts it on the next plugin I switch too…

Hope this all makes sense! Other than this the relative/absolute issue midi control with waves is working great! I can cycle between racks and plugins with no problems.

Thanks in advance for the help!

adamgarrett
    Participant

Well, website wont let me upload the video… Sorry!

adamgarrett
    Participant

One more try with the video…

Profile photo of Nicole A&H
    Nicole A&H

Hi Adam,

If you still have the video and are still having issues, please log a ticket with product support and we can look into this for you.

https://support.allen-heath.com/Core/Default/Index

Kindest Regards,
    Nicole

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.