MIDI control from Windows program

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration MIDI control from Windows program

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike@SCS Mike@SCS 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike@SCS
    Mike@SCS
    Participant

Still no connection. I’ve attached 3 files:

configall.txt shows the output from ipconfig/all. The connection used for the Qu-16 is ‘Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2’, which I confirmed later by unplugging the ethernet cable and running ipconfig/all again. ‘Ethernet adapter Ethernet 2’ shows IP address 10.0.0.1 and subnet mask 255.0.0.0. I note that ‘Default Gateway’ is not set.

Qu16Network.png shows the network settings on the Qu-16.

MIDIControlNotConnecting2.png shows the MIDI control panel.

Is the ‘Gateway’ an issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I believe you need to change the IP address of your Ethernet 2 adapter (I’m assuming this is the adapter you have direct connected to the Qu) to something like 10.0.0.2. It can’t be the same as the address of your Qu. You also may need a cross-over cable when doing a direct connection.

Profile photo of Mike@SCS
    Mike@SCS
    Participant

Thanks everyone – I’ve just changed the IP address to 10.0.0.2 of both the Qu-16 and in MIDI Control, and MIDI Control connected immediately! I didn’t need to use a cross-over cable. Now I can work on using this feature and try some Sysex commands.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.