MIDI Control

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions MIDI Control

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SignalAudio SignalAudio 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SignalAudio
    SignalAudio
    Participant

Hi there,

I know I’m not the only person asking for this.. is there a current ETA on the MIDI control functionality for the SQ series? I’ve developed a product that controls the input mutes and I’ve tested it with the assignable MIDI strips and it all works fine, but I can’t put the product into installs until it can actually control these lovely mixers 🙂

I do love Allen & Heath’s MIDI over TCP control implementation – very easy to code for, and being lean makes it lovely and responsive.

Cheers!

SignalAudio
    Participant

Just bumping this along..

If A&H won’t tell us when the next update will be, it’d be good to know if we can expect this feature in the next update or not.

Cheers!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi SignalAudio,

Unfortunately, I can’t confirm an ETA for when this will be available, as any new firmware would be subject to testing and may need to go back to the developer if any bugs are found.

I can confirm that MIDI control is planned for inclusion in the next firmware for SQ. This will include a reduced number of parameters compared to the Qu MIDI implementation, but it will be much higher resolution allowing for more precise control.

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Very cool. Thanks for sharing, Alex!

SignalAudio
    Participant

Thanks Alex, that’s really helpful.

We’re only after the most humble of parameters for this job, mute.. but I look forward to the boolean precision !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.