MIDI connection of Liveprofessor

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting MIDI connection of Liveprofessor

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Hello, I’ve been using external effect plugins with Liveprofessor for some time now. That’s what I do about Dante. For this purpose I bought a current MacMini with i7 processor and 16GB RAM. The latency is about 12ms. For pure reverb and delay effects, that’s quite enough for me.
    Note: I don’t need any external Dynamic plugins, I get along wonderfully with the possibilities in the dLive!

My problem now is the control of the TAP function via the dLive softbutton. The tool DAW Control 1.71. for Mac is installed, so the mixrack is obviously recognized, too, after I connected it says “connected” in the window.
    But the DAW control does not appear in the controller management of Liveprofessor.
    The homepage says that DAW Control is 1.71 for Mac 10.14, but I’m already using Mac 10.14.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Don’t connect DAW Control to the Mixrack, but to the IP of your Mac Mini.

I absolutely *love* Live Professor. You don’t need DAW control though. You need TCP midi up and running. Once you’re good with that connection, in LP, go to Audio/Midi settings/midi, add a midi device, tell it to look to TCP midi for input. …and that should be all you need to get Midi from dLive to LP. …then you can start mapping. 🙂

Wolfgang
    Participant

Thank you very much for this info!
    I will try it out. But the next days I will work with SQ consoles – without LP.

I used MIDi 20 years ago to control hardware effect devices – just program change control. I managed that – but today it’s a bit more complicated 😉

Wolfgang
    Participant

The next question comes up:
    There is no TCP MIDI driver on the A&H dLive software download page.
    And the one I find on the homepage is from 2014 and doesn’t support Mac 10.14.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It’s currently called “DAW Control” (but SHOULD be called TCP MIDI driver)

dLive Software

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The TCP MIDI driver is superseded by DAW Control. DAW Control now has a ‘MIDI Thru’ map which replicates the functionality of the TCP MIDI driver.

Wolfgang
    Participant

Well, I had written that it doesn’t work with DAW Control.
    I’ll try it tomorrow with the TCP MIDI Driver and then report back.

Fwiw, I’m on Mojave and run the TCP midi driver on *several* machines and have had zero issues to date.

Wolfgang
    Participant

Sorry, I tried it today. Although the MIDi driver shows a connection, there is no connection in Liveprofessor.
    I’m not aware of the error I’m making right now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I think you have to connect your MIDI device to LP first
    under Audio Midi Options

Yes, exactly. You need to set a “midi device,” and then tell that device to look to the TCP driver for input. See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Thank you for this tip!
    Now my Liveprofessor also recognizes the DAW driver 😉

I tried to use the Learn function in the Liveprofessor to learn the Tap-Delay function, which I have on a button on my desk. But that was not possible.
    Am I really that stupid? I didn’t have any problems with the iLive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.