Middle/Side usage within dLive

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Middle/Side usage within dLive

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alfaomega alfaomega 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alfaomega
    alfaomega
    Participant

I would like to use the M/S technique on the dLive.
    Of course I can pass the track or group through the wave card to the computer, process M/S there and send it back to the dLive, but I would like to do this only by routing the signal witin the dLive.

With the Stereo signal in the Preamp section, configured as “R -Pol / L” + the normal stereo signal, I get the M/S (by adding it into an additional Aux in order to combine both signals).
    Than I have to send this M/S signals to two separate “mono” input to process the signal. Send them back to a stereo Aux in order to decode the signal before to route this back into the final L/R channel.

Is there not a more elegant way, without using many addition Aux channels?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Why not select the M/S option on a stereo channel pair? You can set this in the preamp section where you on the same drop-down that you selected R-Pol/L from. Based on your description above, I’m not sure what you’re trying to do exactly.

Profile photo of alfaomega
    alfaomega
    Participant

Dear Scott,
    As I have explained above, the preamp section can decode M/S, but don’t code it.
    Therefore you have to combine R -Pol / L + normal stereo. Than you have to split it into 2 separate mono to process, and than you can decode it by using the preamp section M/S.
    But at each step you have to add a Aux bus, which reduce your Aux bus account.

Is there a better way?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.