Microphone EQ

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Microphone EQ

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wappa
    Wappa
    Participant

Good morning, I’m learning and tweaking around to get more familiarized with the our new board. For in case you didn’t know, we have a GLD112 mixer. My question is if there is a program of some sort that you can play, either through a memory stick or through my phone, and be able to adjust EQ, monitors, etc. I’m looking for something that I can play with to have a more hands on experience since I don’t have the time to go to school right now. We have three different worship leaders as well as three different pastors and all have totally different voices that all need to be adjusted. I’ve been able to work around two of them but the rest either give me feedback or just don’t sound clear enough. Any help will be greatly appreciated by me and the congregation. TYVM

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

It would be kind of like playing a video of Cindy Crawford or insert your on beautiful movie name and then trying to get you video switcher or cameras to make your person look like that. It is totally different for just about everyone. There are some basic tonal guidelines but I can have 10 people singing and will have 10 different EQ settings. Maybe slightly different but maybe radical. I know what I want to hear. Some mixers don’t have a clue. But, I have been doing live, recording, TV sound for over 40yrs so it makes a difference. That is why I build a system now that sounds as good flat on the board as I can get it. That way only minimum channel EQ is needed.
    I know that really doesn’t help and it’s a common problem. I go to a small church that I designed and installed. I don’t run sound. I let their team of young folks do it. They usually do pretty good but occasionally I cringe at something like a little low end ringing on the pastor and I want to get up and go say ‘can’t you hear that?’ I have talked with them about it and tweaked the board after church a few times just blind knowing where the problems were. I think it maybe time for a training session.
    It is just that some people who want to help just don’t know good from bad and aren’t musically inclined. They want to serve but are not cut out for it. Tough call.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.