Mic input to matrix output…

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Mic input to matrix output…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of churchy churchy 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

Hi folks!
    I’m using a matrix output for recording from (currently just a compressed LR mix for a more consistent recording level). I now want to add a stereo pair of ambient mics (on a single stereo input pair) into the matrix output too – obviously I don’t want these to go to main LR too.
    The routing for a matrix only shows Auxiliaries, as you would expect, do I really have to assign the ambient mics to an Aux in order to add them to the matrix?
    Is there another trick I’m missing?

As a follow on, I have another matrix output with low pass filter and compression on the LR mix used for an induction loop – same thing, how can I add the same ambient mics to a second matrix output? I appreciate no problem if an Aux is used but do not want to sacrifice them if not needed.

Many thanks for any assistance you can provide!…

Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

Meant to say, the SQ6 is running latest firmware (1.4.3).

Profile photo of conrad
    conrad
    Participant

Hi @churchy,

You will need to use an Aux Mix instead of a Matrix as Matrices can only be mixes of Auxes, not discrete inputs.

We do something similar in that we have one ‘Relay’ mix for sending to ‘other’ areas and then a couple of Matrices to do so any necessary alternative post-processing, i.e. downmix to mono for Induction Loop etc. and further compression for recording and broadcast (streaming).

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you can use the ext input to send a pair of microphones to the matrix

Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

Many thanks, Steffen R – That is a great way to inject a mic into an Aux; it even allows adjusting the level. Unfortunately it seems to be only before processing so is not so helpful in my case as there is a need for some significant EQ on the inputs – an excellent point to remember for the future.

Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.