Mic Ducking around Playback sources

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Mic Ducking around Playback sources

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of scruffyd scruffyd 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

Hey guys,

Had a choice of GLD80 or Yamaha 01v96 for an outdoor event the other day. It was just playback of music playlists plus a few mins for announcements at a swimming competition. I figured the GLD80 may as well go on the job just for the stage box and ease of having some remote inputs by cat5.

How wrong was I to choose that desk!

No gate sidechain? So I can’t make my music duck around a subgroup of vocal mics meaning that every time they wish to speak (using switched wireless mics themselves) I have to duck the music myself. I noticed the auto mic mixer in the recent firmware update but didn’t have time to experiment with this during an event that was already live. Can this achieve what I want? It seems like a huge oversight as sjidechaining gates is certainly nothing new.

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

I see no response to your post here, so here is an answer to the last question. AMM on GLD will allow you to achieve what you want using the the ‘chair’ parameter. Here are images of the setup for a vocal channel controlling the level of a stereo playback channel (two ganged channels).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.